Knights Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knights Collective

Knights Collective

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forum Changes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
[OHB-CEO] Daru Nada

Forum Changes Empty
PostSubject: Forum Changes   Forum Changes EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Many of you will notice there were some changes to the forums. They may limit you to seeing only this one forum!

I have modified the permissions system to be group-based. I need all of the (3) registered CEOs to invite people into their corp's group.

To do this:
Usergroups button at the top of the page.
Click the group for your corperation
Bottom of the page, type the name of the member and click Add Member.

As you are refilling these groups, please do a reality check to make sure that the person is still a member of your corporation. It is up to the CEOs to keep these lists up-to-date by removing old members and adding new ones.

Also please ensure that your members follow the naming standard.

[CORP TICKER] InGameName, for example [OHB] Daru Nada

CEOs must register as [CORP TICKER-CEO] InGameName, for Example [OHB-CEO] Rantherhin Agethon

CEOs must register using their exact in-game name or they will not be given forum access.

CEO and directors may request private forums for their corporation. The top-level corp forum will always be public to alliance members, however any underlying levels will be private for the corporation only. Corporations without a registered CEO will not receive any private forum space.

Why the changes?
Organization, firstly. The old forum was a mess.
Security secondly. Only members in the alliance can see any alliance boards, and only CEOs can add members to the groups. No information is available to non-alliance members that isn't reachable from within EVE.
Fluidity. The CEOs can now effectively manage their corporations enrollment, moderate their own boards, and do things for themselves. This eliminates the workload that I have to do Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Forum Changes
Page 1 of 1